Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MissFortune's T-45d power armor
06-09-2012, 12:34 AM
MissFortune's T-45d power armor
I've only just begun, but here's what I've got so far:

Roadwarrior's pep files, fiberglassed the inside, and the first schmear of Bondo hardening in the sun:
[Image: bos.jpg]

And that first coat of bondo rough sanded and ready for the second coat to smooth things out:
[Image: bos2.jpg]

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and shout."
[Image: helmetsig.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2012, 02:23 AM
RE: MissFortune's T-45d power armor
looks sweet as hell so far (diggin the Boba Fett emblem too lol)

[Image: pipboy_420_sig_plate_by_sikklownink-d57ti41.jpg]
Politically correct does NOT mean right~ Me
"Those who surrender freedom for security shall have neither." ~ Ben Franklin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-09-2012, 03:16 AM
looking good. Fantastic job on the sanding!

"Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a mushroom cloud to walk into. Have a happy holocaust!" -Ralph Keller
"Always outnumbered, never out gunned." - Ratchet & Clank

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
06-09-2012, 03:48 AM
Great progress on the bucket! Keep it coming!

[Image: fallout3-7.png]

"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back!"-Captain Malcolm Reynolds
06-09-2012, 11:03 AM
looks good. yeah, speaking of the boba fett emblem, are you part of the mandalorian mercs ? im in the process of making a boba fett armor set to try to get into the mercs
06-09-2012, 11:21 AM
Yep, my name is Arden Fisk over there, I'm the Quartermaster. Smile

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and shout."
06-10-2012, 01:37 AM
how did you make you mando armor. im going with a hasbro modified helmet, and pepakure fiberglass, bondo, armor. i found a flight suit almost matches boba fett. for the shoulders and knees im using 4 inch pvc pipe.
06-10-2012, 10:49 AM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2012 11:04 AM by MissFortune.)
Really, anything I can tell you here can be found in FAR more depth on the Mandalorian Mercs forums themselves.

My main suit currently has aluminum plates, but I've made armor in the past from Sintra... my first set was cut out of a Sterilite garbage bin. Smile Mando armor is MUCH easier than power armor!
Today's status: 2nd coat of Bondo applied and sanded, spot putty applied and sanded, and cut in ridge details around nose, mounting tracks over eyes, and around air intakes.
[Image: bof3.jpg]

06-12-2012, 03:22 AM
YAY more pics!
Looking great miss

"Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a mushroom cloud to walk into. Have a happy holocaust!" -Ralph Keller
"Always outnumbered, never out gunned." - Ratchet & Clank

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
06-12-2012, 05:32 AM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2012 05:35 AM by MissFortune.)
You want progress? I GOT progress. Had a lot of time this weekend so I spent it working on the helmet!

First coat of grey primer:
[Image: bos4.jpg]

Greeblies added:
[Image: bos5.jpg]

Grey primer after the greeblies:
[Image: bos6.jpg]

And finally a few nice all-around shots after I did the silver paint and installed all the hoses. Of course I haven't installed the big light or rangefinder apparatus or weathered the thing up yet, so it'll be getting dirty and rusty before too long, and I'm still up in the air on whether I want to do it as an awesome outcast or a hippy-dippy BOS. Might do Lyon's pride. Either way it's just some paint apps at the end so I'm gonna weather it up and leave it vanilla until I decide. I was a bit worried about the big mouth hoses-- I REALLY wanted that 'cloth covered' look of the hoses in-game. It really adds some nice 1950's flair to the armor. Fortunately my local surplus store (which is actually REALLY AWESOME) had some old Russian gas mask hoses. Big Grin They have another pair there too so if anyone wants me to pick them up, I'd be happy to; they were $5 each, so it'd be $10 plus shipping. OH YEAH the surplus store also has REAL antique fallout shelter signs; not reproductions, these are the real thing with reflective paint and everything! I'd be happy to buy one of those for whoever wants one, too-- they were $25 each, and they had about 6 or 7 in stock.

[Image: bos7.jpg]

[Image: bos8.jpg]

[Image: bos9a.jpg]

[Image: bos10a.jpg]

[Image: shelter.jpg]