Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
T-51b helmet (all done!)
01-04-2013, 12:56 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2013 12:57 PM by MissFortune.)
T-51b helmet (all done!)
I'm on a helmet making spree lately... Finished this one up and started a life-size Space Maine helmet. Smile

Anyways, first the step-by-steps, and the finished product is at the bottom!

First, the pepakura. I usually simplify as I'm putting these together if there's a part I can do better/more easily through greeblies as opposed to pep/fiberglass/bondo, so you can see it's missing a bunch of hose input-outputs and the forehead light is severely truncated.
[Image: t51a.jpg]

Interior fiberglassed, and first layer of bondo on:
[Image: t51b.jpg]

First bondo layer sanded, spot putty applied:
[Image: t51c.jpg]

First coat of primer, and greeblies added:
[Image: t51d.jpg]

Hammered metal texture paint applied:
[Image: t51e.jpg]

Fabric/glass and stuff added before the finishing paint:
[Image: t51f.jpg]

And finally, the final product! All finish paint is applied with a brush and paper towel.
[Image: t51g.jpg]

[Image: t51h.jpg]

[Image: t51i.jpg]

[Image: t51j.jpg]

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and shout."
[Image: helmetsig.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2013, 01:41 PM
RE: T-51b helmet (all done!)
Miss your hellmet looks absolutely amazing! your work really inspires me. Oh and I also like your light saber! Did you build it?
01-04-2013, 04:08 PM
a really good job

"I see you fight with words, like all beneath the flag of the Bear. Let us hope your skill with weapons proves greater."
01-05-2013, 12:20 AM
That looks really good. Only thing that that stood out to me as odd, where you have the pressure gauge, isn't that supposed to be a rangefinder?
01-05-2013, 02:13 AM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2013 02:14 AM by MissFortune.)
Quite possibly, I just liked the look of the gauge. It's the wasteland, you can pick and choose your equipment, lol. It's a small gauge of some sort on the T-45 in the same location, so I figured it was applicable in-universe.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and shout."
01-05-2013, 04:53 AM
This looks amazing Miss!! Personally I like the 45 better myself, but nonetheless this is stellar work Smile

[Image: burning_zps935d6b2e.gif]
01-05-2013, 05:34 AM
(01-05-2013 02:13 AM)MissFortune Wrote:  Quite possibly, I just liked the look of the gauge. It's the wasteland, you can pick and choose your equipment, lol. It's a small gauge of some sort on the T-45 in the same location, so I figured it was applicable in-universe.
I can't agree more! Being screen accurate is great and all, but nothing feels better than doing it your own way(and being cheap in my case). I really like how it came out and those tubes finally came in handy, huh? The t-51b is my favorite and I am hoping to make the full suit myself so I my t-45 suit can have some company! Can't wait to see your Space marine!

[Image: fallout3-7.png]

"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back!"-Captain Malcolm Reynolds
01-05-2013, 09:39 AM
This looks so freakin amazing Miss, your work is truly awe inspiring

[Image: pipboy_420_sig_plate_by_sikklownink-d57ti41.jpg]
Politically correct does NOT mean right~ Me
"Those who surrender freedom for security shall have neither." ~ Ben Franklin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-05-2013, 01:21 PM
bad ass ! thats all i can say !
are you doing the whole space marine suit ? i know alot of guys puts stilts in them to make them taller.

Supermutants, Enclave, They all bleed the same.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-05-2013, 10:14 PM
Nope, just the helmet. I'm just too small to pull off a full size space marine (5'4") without a significant feat of engineering. It's just going to be a fun display piece. I'll post it up in explorers gear when I finish.

I'm glad everyone likes it!